OEM Audio LTD Green Policy
At OEM Audio LTD, we think green. We recognise the importance of environmental responsibility and strive to reduce our impact on the environment. In order to do this we will establish of realistic objectives based on the company’s Green Goals.
OUR GREEN GOALS:
- Pursue the prevention of pollution and the reduction of waste from our business activities.
- Actively monitor and reduce the energy consumption of our facilities.
- Ensure that we comply with environmental legislation, standards, and contract requirements.
- Development and implementation of a strategy to transition the business to be a low carbon emitter.
- Adopt technologies and practices that seek to reduce the reduce the company’s environmental impact.
- Where possible align with suppliers and contractors that adopt the same environmental principals as we do.
- Grow our GREEN KNOWLEDGE.
In order to achieve our Green Vision we will have crated the following objectives:
- Begin transitioning to electric vehicles for the company fleet.
- The segregation of waste streams in with the waste hierarchy - Recycling/Green/Landfill.
- Increase the use of renewable resources and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Where possible using suppliers and contractors that are ISO14001 accredited.
- Introduction of a Switch It Off policy (ensure that all lights are switched off when not in use and all equipment is either switched off or in ECO mode when not in use).
- Provide staff with adequate training, tools, and resources to enable Provision of adequate training programs, tools, and resources to enable them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
These objectives shall be monitored through a management review process to ensure effectiveness.
OEM Audio LTD Sustainability Policy
Sustainability is about meeting the needs of today, without adversely impacting on the needs of tomorrow. OEM Audio LTD is committed to conducting our business in an ethical and sustainable way. We aim to balance our goals and achieve both economic prosperity and social responsibility.
At OEM Audio LTD it is our objective to tie sustainability in with what we generally consider to be 'sound' business practices, such as increased efficiency, minimising waste, and maximising resources. Sustainable business practices are a new way to direct our organisation and are applied across every aspect of our business - from strategy to waste disposal.
The purpose of this policy is to provide a vision and a set of principles to guide our actions to support sustainability and improve our environmental performance.
In all activities, OEM Audio LTD will seek to;
- Minimise harm – Minimising harm to people, the community, and the environment by managing and reducing our greenhouse gas emissions.
- Maximise efficiency – Reducing waste through efficient purchasing and processes, including wasted resources (materials, energy, and water), time and money.
- We undertake to educate our employees and suppliers on our Sustainability vision.
- Communicate – Communicate internally and externally on sustainability activities and approaches.
- Reduce consumption and packaging - Minimising waste by considering the waste hierarchy before disposal and reducing the consumption of raw materials, disposable single-use products and redundant packaging. Reuse and refurbish whenever possible rather than replace.
- Consider production cycle of goods where practical - Purchasing goods and services that are manufactured, used and disposed of in an environmentally responsible way.
- Where possible support the use of local and regional materials.
- The benchmarking of data relating to the key areas of sustainability to allow effective planning and objective setting as part of the ongoing Management Review, in order to support the management and reduction of our environmental inputs and outputs where practical moving forward.
This Policy will be updated as we continue to learn and develop our sustainability practices.